5 Best Benefits Of Extracurricular Activities In Pre School
Extracurricular activities are activities interwoven in the school syllabus but with a different way to make learning effective and for kids they are beneficial in more ways than one. These co-scholastic activities as they are called, at times help the children to socialize, develop team spirit and stress management skills. They are critical for the development of skills such as time management and balancing of responsibilities besides improving their health.
The parents should start early in giving their kids several new experiences that help them explore the world around them, consequently, these kids are less likely to face the problems arising out of boredom in their life. Kids’ extracurricular activities should be age appropriate and their interest oriented
A pre-schooler needs to simply socialize with other kids of his age as his socialization will most certainly help to develop the motor skills. Activities related to appealing sounds, bright colors, story hour, dance or soccer work best for them. It is important for them to make friends with other kids with similar interests which is possible by participation in sports. The positive impact on health and emotional development of the kids leave them better mentally equipped to deal with the problems they might face in the future.
But the benefits of extracurricular activities of kids are not just restricted to their personal development but the achievement in these activities help the students to attain better scholastic grades. Their participation in these activities make them physically and emotionally secure and that is reflected in their improved academic performance more so due to their improved concentrate span.
As parents, we must ensure that the kids do not push themselves too much to prove themselves in all fields of the activities. They should be told that well-deserved relaxation is as important as any other achievement, scholastic or otherwise. The extracurricular activities of kids also need to be customized as per the proclivity and stamina of each individual child
- Getting your child involved in extracurricular activities from a young age can teach them time management skills and how to prioritize different commitments.
- Learning these skills will prove useful for the rest of their life and help with managing stress.
- Exploring new interests is important for children to find things they are passionate about. Whether it is learning an instrument, playing a sport or starring in a play.
- Accomplishments in the arena can help build your child’s self-esteem and confidence as well.
- Being involved in an activity that involves goals and teamwork can help your child to work in groups. Teaching your child teamwork and its overall importance at an early age can help them thrive in social and occupational settings later in life.
- Your permission for the pursuance of your child’s area can help them in mastering some new skills later in life.
- Goals are extremely important in life and teaching children to have goals at an early age can be very beneficial. Setting and obtaining goals can develop self- motivation in your child.
- Research has revealed that children involved in extracurricular activities tend to perform better academics than children who spend their free-time using electronics and do not indulge in socializing, sports or outdoor activities.
In recent years, electronics have become a child’s main source of entertainment – be it a child belonging to any age group but then the question is- what impact does that have on our children? The answer we already know that in the longer run, it has stunted friendships, outdoor activities, and health of our youth.
Thus as parents, we need to especially get our pre-school child involved in an extracurricular activity as it will not only occupy some of their free time but will also teach them valuable skills for the rest of life such as time and stress management to teamwork and goal setting. So as a parent it is a necessity to get our children involved in extracurricular activities and help them in discovering their passion for their holistic growth and development depending on their age and interests.