5 Qualities That Every Child Should Have
Quality is defined as a degree of excellence and it would be just wonderful if all the students are just perfect having all the qualities that are classified as perfect but that the harsh truth is that not all students are endowed with the capabilities. It is because all the students are different. Some are good in academics, some in music, some in painting, some in dance, some in computers, some in oratory, some in writing and the list is endless.
But if they have some quality then It does not mean that they may be pampered and no corrective action must be taken against their wrong behaviors, but we should find the cause and try to rectify it before imposing our dictate on them. Most of the time teachers, parents, and society at large want to bring best out of the students but in their own way. But in this quest sometimes they are harmed more than they are benefitted.
Everyone learns from his own life lesson and this holds true of every student. Sometimes even good students act in a very unexpected and unwarranted manner therefore whatever field a child chooses, he needs to have some qualities that will make him unique. A few said qualities have to be inculcated in the child from his childhood so that whatever his preferred area; he is competent enough of attaining success and glory.
The Qualities That Make Students Endearing To Everyone Parents, Teachers, Society, And Nation Are-
1. Discipline and Focus – These are the most desiring qualities in a child. Discipline can be instructional or self -initiated to become righteous and honorable and it can be done by following instructions of teachers, parents, and coaches in his/her day-to-day life. The focus is yet another quality that needs to be developed in a child.
It should be perceived as a verb wherein the child is paying particular attention to the area of interest and the child is not afraid of hardships in the way of gaining success. He/she should always focus on the end result of completing the task in hand with perfection so as to reach the pinnacle of success in his/her life later on.
2. Participate in Sports and Extra-
curricular Activities: As a hallmark of a good student he/she must participate in sports and other extra-curricular activities as the participation in them help in perfect synchronization of mind, body, and soul. A healthy mind lives in a healthy body and it most certainly assists in the holistic development of the child and consequently good habits and a balanced life.
3. Experiential learning- Another key quality in a child to be developed is the quest for experiential learning i.e. learning by doing and hands-on training and it is a proven fact that knowledge acquired through such measures is retained for a longer time. Their horizons widen if a child develops keen observation as it breeds knowledge, knowledge breeds understanding and understanding breeds wisdom.
With this wisdom is developed the art of questioning, the mark of a curious mind that is always a working and analytical. Thus learning by doing, keen observation and asking right questions equip a child with the ability to handle almost all situations of life with élan.
4. Taking Ownership- Of self, society & community- This is another desirable quality that a child must possess. A child should take responsibilities without backing off from his responsibilities. They should be guided to take ownership of their faults but share their success with everyone.
They must be nurtured with a deep sense of respect for society and culture and the law of the land. They should be sensitized towards community services particularly in the situations of natural calamities such as earthquake, flood, and draught wherein they should be working selflessly and offer their services to their fellow being if the duty towards the country so demands.
5. Keen learner- As it is said that a man is a learner throughout his life thus a student should always remain in pursuit of knowledge. But this learning should not be confined to academics alone rather it should cover all the aspects that aid in the holistic development of a child as learning is the beautification of both the inner and the outer world that becomes more profound when a child learns, he aspires to learns more and that it what develops him into child with a good quality.
Thus the basic fact remains that the qualities in a child is not the responsibility of the child alone but it’s our collective responsibility as a parent, guardian and a teacher is to imbibe in them the qualities that we aspire to see in our children and the simplest and easy way is to be the role models for the future generation.