Necessity Of Immunization For Your Kindergarten School Children
I this article you will learn about the necessity of immunization for your kindergarten school children.
Vaccinations are vital to prevent children from dangerous illnesses. Children are highly susceptible to catching infections and diseases, especially in their early years. This is because their immune system which is the body’s defense system against infection-causing microorganisms i.e. pathogens is not fully developed yet.
The role of the immune system is to protect the body by battling against pathogens. However, some pathogens can devastate the immune system and when this happens, the child falls sick. It is usually the pathogens that cannot be recognized by the body that lead to problems.
Thus it Becomes Necessary to Protect the Child through Vaccination Because –
• Vaccination is the best way to guarantee to keep our children healthy and safe from preventable diseases.
• Vaccination is totally safe and effective as all the vaccines are subjected to long and detailed review by scientists, doctors, and the government to ensure their safety.
• Vaccination protects children from severe illness and complications. In the absence of vaccination, a child may suffer from paralysis of limbs, hearing loss, convulsions, amputation of an arm or leg, brain damage, or in extreme cases even death.
• Many children get infected by diseases like measles, mumps, and whooping cough every year although these diseases can be prevented by following the proper vaccination schedule for the same.
• Many infectious diseases may be brought into the country by international travelers. If children are not vaccinated, they could get infected by one of these diseases from travelers or while traveling themselves.
• If several parents decide not to vaccinate their children then it might prompt an outbreak of preventable diseases. Such an epidemic can turn out to be calamitous for child healthcare.
• If children aren’t vaccinated, they can spread and transmit diseases to other young children or babies who are too small to be vaccinated or to people with weak immunity and such a situation may result in catastrophic conditions.
The vast majority of immunizations are administered in children in the first few years of their life. This is when they’re at their most vulnerable and need the protection most.
Majority of the vaccinations are given to the children from the time of their birth till they are 2 years of age like BCG, OPV, Hep –B1, Hep –B2, Hib 1, DTP 1 & 2, MMR etc.
Before they start school as a parent you will be required to provide certification of your child’s immunization status and that is the ideal opportunity to check that your child is up-to-date on all their immunizations and catch-up on any they’ve missed before they start school.
Between 4 to 6 years, the school going child should be protected against Varicella 2, OPV, MMR, Tdap etc. It is imperative for parents to consult a pediatrics for a proper vaccination schedule to ensure that their child is protected against all the diseases that may affect his health.
As the immunization schedule is spread from the time of child’s birth till he is a teenager, the parents must safeguard that their child is vaccinated as per the immunization schedule and that too timely so that he is protected against all diseases and develops into a healthy and fit adult.